Ideal for an experienced Sales & Supply Chain Manager with experience in New Zealand medium to larger size manufacturing businesses.
This is an iconic NZ business located in Mount Maunganui and a great employer with a stable and committed team. Producing a key ingredient to the food and pharmaceutical industry, they are the major player in their market with exciting plans for the future.
The business operates in a very productive collaboration with its parent company, an Australian/Pacific major player in the industry. The leadership team is committed to high levels of engagement and alignment and our values – Safety, Ownership, Excellence and Teamwork – are being actively lived throughout the organisation.
Taking ownership of all our sales activity, you will manage our domestic and export sales teams, customer service team, supply chain and marketing.
Key deliverables of this role are:
- In cooperation with the parent company you will determine the strategy to secure current market share and margins and to enhance those further.
- You will lead a team of experienced sales, export, customer service, distribution and marketing on professionals to achieve short and long-term targets.
- Leading from the front you will support your sales team with new and key accounts, attend events, network and so further strengthen our customer and other market relevant relationships.
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team in New Zealand you will participate in setting the company strategy and take ownership of achieving vision, purpose, values and strategic objectives.
- Working in dialogue with customers you ensure the company is one step ahead of their product quality expectations and requirements.
- You will play an important part in leading the Health & Safety and overall company culture and creating high levels of Engagement and Alignment.
To be successful in this role you require…
- 10 years+ experience in a senior sales/supply chain position
- New Zealand domestic and export sales experience
- Experience with distribution of product by truck, rail and ship
- Experience in manufacturing, ideally food, pharmaceutical or chemical
- Tertiary and/or post-graduate qualifications in business, logistics, marketing or similar
- Ability to think strategically and ensure the business achieves its objectives, both short- and long-term
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A natural ability to maintain key relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- Organised work style (executive standard) and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Dedication to excellence in customer service
- Previous experience as an executive team member
This position’s highlights are the longstanding and rewarding client relationships you and your team are entrusted with, the broad scope of the role with responsibility over all domestic and export sales, product movement and customer service and its direct input in the senior leadership team.
You may also appreciate the stable industry sector, the continuous improvement throughout all functions in the business and the values-based management approach.
Please apply here with cover letter and CV. All applications are treated in strict confidence.