This is an iconic NZ business located in Mount Maunganui and a great employer with a stable and committed team. Producing a key ingredient to the food and pharmaceutical industry, they are the major player in their market with exciting plans for the future.
The business operates in a very productive collaboration with its parent company, an Australian/Pacific major player in the industry. The leadership team is committed to high levels of engagement and alignment and our values – Safety, Ownership, Excellence and Teamwork – are being actively lived throughout the organisation.
Taking ownership of the Mount Maunganui site, you will manage all site operations and unite a dedicated and experienced team to deliver on our customer promise.
As part of the Senior Leadership Team in New Zealand you will participate in setting the company strategy and take ownership of achieving vision, purpose, values and strategic objectives. All Head Office functions for the whole business are located on site too.
You will play an important part in leading Health, Safety, Wellbeing and overall company culture and creating high levels of Engagement and Alignment.
Key deliverables of this role are:
- Take ownership of the site meeting KPIs both short and longer term (Safety, Quality, DIFOT etc.)
- Ensure that the company’s Health & Safety policies are complied with, nurture a safety culture and promote a feeling of well-being, safety and job satisfaction
- Ensure a quality product is manufactured that meets specifications and standards (including FSSC 22000 & GMP)
- Ensure an effective site communication plan, training plans and all required processes are maintained
- Develop a culture of commercial accountability within the team and continue to drive operational efficiencies
- Lead, develop and motivate all staff in this business area and ensure effective people management to meet yearly staff Engagement and Alignment targets
- Create Engagement and Alignment of all staff with the company’s Purpose, Vision, Values and Strategic Objectives
- Proactively lead a continuous improvement culture, developing capability within the business to incrementally increase improvement activities every year
- Submit annual operational and capital budget & plan and ensure adherence
- Maintaining relationships with neighbours and local authorities ensuring our social license to operate
To be successful in this role you require…
- Demonstrated leadership in manufacturing chemical/dairy/dry goods
- Proven ability to deliver productivity through people and develop skills and capability within existing staff
- Management experience in a GMP and/or FSSC 22000 certified environment
- Relevant tertiary technical qualification in engineering, chemistry, food science or similar
- Commitment to continuous improvement – in terms of both skill development and work performance
- Successful application of continuous improvement/lean tools
- Previous experience as an executive team member
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of the business
- An organised work style (executive standard), forward thinking and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Experience with ERP systems such as AX, SAP, ORACLE etc.
This position’s highlights are the complexity of the operation where no two days are the same and its direct input in the Senior Leadership Team.
You may also appreciate the stable industry sector, the continuous improvement throughout all functions in the business and the values-based management approach.