Ideal for a proven people leader/manager in maintenance engineering with experience in manufacturing, packaging or mining. Opportunity to make a real impact.
…is an iconic NZ business and a great employer with a stable and committed team. Producing a key ingredient to the food, pharma, dairy and agricultural industry, they are the major player in their market with exciting plans for the future.
The company’s leadership team is committed to high levels of engagement and alignment and our values – Safety, Ownership, Excellence and Teamwork – are actively lived throughout the organisation.
The business operates in a very productive collaboration with its parent company, an Australian/Pacific major player in the industry.
… is located at their site near Blenheim. You will be leading the Lake Grassmere Site Maintenance Team and utilise LEAN principles to maximise plant availability, asset life and equipment safety. Lake Grassmere is a large, 1750 hectare, iconic NZ site with the only Solar Evaporative Salt Field in New Zealand and 5 refining/ processing/ packaging facilities.
In Cooperation with the company’s Engineering Manager and the local Site Manager you will ensure efficient and effective maintenance services to various production units and departments throughout the site.
You will also lead a small plant operations team and utilise LEAN principles to maximise production output, quality and minimise cost and downtime.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Being a leader in HSE and ensuring the management system in place is compliant and promotes safety and wellbeing
- Leading, developing and motivating all staff in your business area and ensuring effective people management to meet yearly staff Engagement and Alignment targets
- Create engagement and alignment of all staff with the company’s and wider Group’s Purpose, Vision, Values and Strategic Objectives
- Cost-effective management of the maintenance/improvement of assets to maximise reliable operation and asset life
- Managing maintenance contractors
- Ensuring effective cooperation between maintenance and processing departments
- Management of resources for maintenance callouts outside of normal business hours
- Development and training of new and existing team members in your area
- Coaching/mentoring of team members in LEAN principles
- Continuous improvement of preventative maintenance systems
- Administration and development of the site’s maintenance management systems to provide improved control and reporting
- Accurate and timely completion of all company documentation and records
- Management of all Maintenance Department expenditure within budget
- Maintenance of quality systems to comply with ISO 9001, FSSC 22000 and Food Safety Programmes
To be successful in this role you will have…
- 10 years’ leadership and management experience in a similar role
- A suitable trade or tertiary qualification (i.e. BE or NZTE Fitter Turner, Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or equivalent) or equivalent qualification by experience
- Experience with the development, implementation, and management of Maintenance Management Systems
- Experience with processing and packing equipment in a manufacturing environment
- General engineering, maintenance, and process management in a similar type of industry/product range
- Solid understanding of the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015
- Process Improvement knowledge, such as LEAN
Further you will need the following personal attributes…
- Commitment to safety
- Goal orientation: results focussed decision maker
- A commitment to teamwork on site, between sites and in the wider Group
- Strong people leadership and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with good personal disciplines that ensure success
- Practical and analytical skills to produce fast and accurate decisions
- Continuous improvement is a demonstrated strength
- A positive attitude towards cost effective performance
This position’s highlights are the opportunity to make a real difference and, in cooperation with a dedicated team, take this site’s engineering services to the next level.
You may also appreciate the stable industry sector, the continuous improvement throughout all functions in the business and the values-based management approach.