This is an iconic NZ business located in Mount Maunganui and a great employer with a stable and committed team. Producing a key ingredient to the food and pharmaceutical industry, they are the major player in their market with a clear vision for the future.
The business operates in a very productive collaboration with its parent company, an Australian/Pacific major player in the industry. Senior Management is committed to high levels of engagement and alignment and their values – Safety, Ownership, Excellence and Teamwork – are being actively lived throughout the organisation.
This permanent full-time role at the Mount Maunganui site is becoming available as the current incumbent is moving up internally.
Reporting to the QHSE Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the company’s Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Management systems and procedures.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Maintaining internal auditing systems for H&S, food safety, industry specific licenses, quality systems, suppliers, environment and training
- Helping maintain intranet-based quality manuals and specifications (Promapp)
- Delivery of individual targeted training and general group sessions
- Implementing and helping improve ISO 9001 Quality System and ISO 22000 / FSSC 22000
- Helping develop and improve ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 systems
- Being the coordinator of auditing functions, contacts and outcomes by customers and regulatory authorities
- Facilitating and improving H&S procedures throughout the site
- Monitoring a companywide QHSE database and provide reporting and coaching (MyOsh)
- Acting as the coordinator for regulatory requirements such as: hazard registers, safety and environmental programs, training programs, GMP and Food Safety programs etc.
- Helping develop and implement an environmental policy and program
- Coordinating external auditing processes (e.g. Medsafe, MPI, AsureQuality, GMP, FSP and Customer Quality audits)
- Coordinating the investigation of non-conformance and complaints
To be successful in this role you will need…
- Relevant tertiary qualification in science
- Ideally experience in Food Manufacturing (FSSC22000) or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (GMP)
- Aptitude towards QHSE procedures, policies and documentation
- Good corporate reporting and administration skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement – in terms of both skill development and work performance
- Relevant experience in an integrated management system
- Ideally experience with AX system, Myosh and/or Promapp document software
- Ability to multi-task and keep a number of balls in the air
- Systematic approach to work through events and issues
- Calm nature, not easily flustered
- Good communication with all levels within the organisation
This position’s highlights are its broad scope, interaction with people across the business and the opportunity to learn and grow. You may also appreciate the stable industry sector and the continuous improvement throughout all functions as the business aspires to be world class. Benefits on offer include a bonus, attractive superannuation scheme and health insurance.