This is an iconic NZ site near Blenheim and part of a successful business with a stable and committed team. They produce a key ingredient to the food, industrial and agricultural markets. The business operates in a very productive collaboration with its parent company, an Australian/Pacific leader in the industry. The leadership team is committed to high levels of engagement and alignment and our values – Safety, Ownership, Excellence and Teamwork – are being actively lived throughout the organisation.
This is not your standard Operations Manager role…
You will be a member of the Site Management Team, support them in their areas and understudy their positions. You will acquire in-depth management experience in areas of Production, QHSE, Maintenance and Site Management. As you get familiar with different areas of the operation, you will stand in for the respective Site Management Team members and the Site Manager.
This role would be ideal for someone with Operations Management experience, seeking to develop into a well-rounded Site Manager.
- Assist the Site Management Team and understudy their areas
- Support the Site Manager with a range of tasks and projects
- Be an active member of the Site Management Team, promoting values: Safety, Excellence, Ownership and Teamwork
- Lead, develop and motivate all staff and ensure effective people management
- Assist with the implementation of strategies to meet yearly staff Engagement and Alignment targets
- Pro-actively contribute to setting, review and achievement of strategic objectives and overall business success
- Contribute to the development and execution of the annual H&S strategy
- Actively participate in safety & environmental audits, investigations and other site initiatives,
- Assist with developing SOPs and work instructions
- Ensure all opportunities to promote continuous improvement are taken
- Adhere to all Quality, GMP and HACCP policies and procedures
Required skills and experience:
- A suitable Engineering and or science tertiary qualification
- Manufacturing, general engineering, QHSE and/or chemical process experience in a similar industry
- Strong ability to cooperate seamlessly with different managers
- Commitment to processes and procedures
- Proven project management skills
- Proven ability to deliver productivity through people and develop skills and capability within existing staff
- Ideally management experience in a GMP and/or FSSC 22000 certified environment
- Good business / financial acumen and some formal management training
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of the business
- Strong IT and written communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve
- An organised work style, forward thinking and ability to manage conflicting priorities
This position’s highlights are the broad range of responsibilities, the opportunity to develop toward Operations /Site Management and the knowledgeable and dedicated team. You may also appreciate the stable industry sector, the continuous improvement throughout all functions in the business and the values-based management approach.
Apply here with a cover letter and CV.