This is an iconic NZ business located in Mount Maunganui and a great employer with a stable and committed team. Producing a key ingredient to the food and pharmaceutical industry, they are the major player in their market with a clear vision for the future.
The business operates in a very productive collaboration with its parent company, an Australian/Pacific major player in the industry. Senior Management is committed to high levels of engagement and alignment and their values – Safety, Ownership, Excellence and Teamwork – are being actively lived throughout the organisation.
This is a permanent full-time role at the Mount Maunganui site. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will manage planning and scheduling of preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance programmes within the Engineering Services department. You will also be responsible for the supervision of the Engineering Services team.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Planning the functions of the maintenance team to achieve effective completion of work
- Supervision and management of Engineering Services team and contractors
- Preparing shutdown plans for the process areas (minor routine and major for annual shut)
- Managing shutdowns to time plan and budget
- Development/implementation of work order flow management standards, work scopes and estimates
- New equipment/asset setup in Maintenance Database
- Coordinating statutory equipment compliance and documentation
- Project management
- Liaison with and provision of reports to operation stakeholders
- Engineering Change implementation and update in the Maintenance Database
- Equipment spare parts changes – liaise with suppliers, purchasing and material controllers
- Initiating continuous improvement projects to improve overall maintenance KPIs
- Weekly forecasting plan and distribution of weekly work packs
- Coordinating and conducting of planning meetings and briefing sessions
- Ensuring full utilisation of resources for maintenance work
To be successful in this role you will need…
- Mechanical or Electrical Trade Certificate or other relevant Engineering qualifications desirable
- A sound understanding of technical maintenance techniques
- Understanding of production process, including technical process and equipment experience
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work independently, plan and prioritise projects under pressure and remain flexible
- Experience in shutdown, maintenance and project planning
- Management and leadership experience in a similar role
- Dedication to teamwork and the ability to lead projects and people
- Attention to detail and customer service orientation (internal and external)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Financial skills including estimating, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and reporting
- Relevant work experience within the food grade / pharma GMP manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential
- Excellent user knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel and MS project
- Experience in using CMMS software such as MS AX, EAM Dynaway, Computerised Maintenance Management System and AutoCAD software has an added advantage
- Continuous improvement mindset, curious and able to challenge the current state
This position’s highlights are its broad scope, long-term focus and opportunity to learn and grow. You may also appreciate the stable industry sector, the continuous improvement throughout all functions in the business and attractive benefits on offer.
Please apply here with cover letter and CV. All applications are treated in strict confidence.