This is an iconic NZ business located in Mount Maunganui and a great employer with a stable and committed team. Producing a key ingredient to the food and pharmaceutical industry, they are the major player in their market with a clear vision for the future.
The business works closely with its parent company, an Australian/Pacific major player in the industry. Senior Management is committed to high levels of engagement and alignment and their values – Safety, Ownership, Excellence and Teamwork – are being actively lived throughout the organisation.
This is a permanent full-time role at the Mount Maunganui site. Reporting to, and closely working with, the Maintenance Planner/Services Supervisor, you will provide maintenance support for all operations on site; preventative, breakdowns and plant performance issues.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Close cooperation with the Maintenance Planner / Services Supervisor
- Maintenance support for all operations on site
- Following preventative maintenance programs across all plant and equipment to ensure plant availability in line with SOPs
- Ensuring your Health & Safety by following safe work practices (i.e., lock out tag out, confined space, working at heights)
- Input into maintenance strategy and designing out of recurring faults
- Acting as back up for the Maintenance Planner / Services Supervisor
- Adhering strictly to all QHSE policies and procedures
- Working well with people in the team and across site, promoting a positive work atmosphere
- Proactively engaging in the Lean Manufacturing programme to drive continuous improvement
- Minor fabrication incl. welding, lathe, mill work
- Small carpentry jobs as required
To be successful in this role you will need…
- Relevant technical qualifications in Engineering or practical trade in Engineering/Machinery
- Commitment to Health & Safety and experience with H&S practices in a production environment
- Experience with Electronic Control Systems and computer-controlled manufacturing equipment
- Understanding of industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience working “hands-on” unsupervised and supervise contractor or other staff
- Strength in finding the most economical solution to any problem
- Experience adhering to SOPs and QHSE policies
- Ability to work as a part of a small team
- Good communication skills with technical and non-technical staff
- To be able to respond diligently to any challenge
This position’s highlights are its variety, the dedicated and knowledgeable team and the opportunity to learn and grow. You may also appreciate the stable industry sector, the continuous improvement throughout all functions in the business and attractive benefits on offer.