This is an iconic NZ business located in Mount Maunganui and a great employer with a stable and committed team. Producing a key ingredient to the food and pharmaceutical industry, they are the major player in their market with exciting plans for the future.
The business operates in a very productive collaboration with its parent company, an Australian/Pacific major player in the industry. The business is committed to high levels of engagement and alignment and their values – Safety, Ownership, Excellence and Teamwork – are being actively lived throughout the organisation.
Reporting to the Export Manager, your main area of responsibility is the preparation of export documents. This will also require coordination between exports planning, production, transport, shipping and quality assurance. Work hours are flexible and partial working from home is supported.
In our daily work you will…
- Provide planning and documentation to support efficient and accurate export of products
- Prepare and submit export documents
- Plan and organise export transport
- Prepare and maintain shipping documentation
- Liaise with export customers and respond in a timely manner
- Provide exceptional customer service to all new and existing clients
- Liaise with container suppliers, freight forwarders, shipping companies and other staff in regards to shipping requirements and instructions
- Liaise with shipping company representatives and assist to maintain the lowest rates and the best service
- Liaise with various departments regarding shipment progress, deadlines, export requirements or issues
- Communicate potential claim information regarding damage or loss
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to promote an effective and efficient supply chain
- Ensure product integrity is maintained at all times and report possible non conformances
To be successful in this role you require…
- 2-3 years’ experience in Logistics / Customer Services / Documentation
- Ideally a Customs Pin
- Excellent numerical skills and attention to Detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, namely; Excel, Prodoc (or a similar export doc system), experience working with an ERP (ideally AX) and CRM
- Ideally experience with food/pharmaceutical quality programs
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated understanding of developing country environments
- Strong customer focus and can-do attitude
This position’s highlights are its fast pace and variety, a very knowledgeable and supportive team and the stable industry sector that provides sound job security.